What is Aphra Book Club?
I’m a brand/blogger/publisher looking to get involved with Aphra Book Club. How can I talk to you?
Please email us at [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you!
Where can I follow you and get involved in the conversation?
Weren't you Books That Matter?
Yes! For six years we existed as BTM, and offered a monthly book subscription box. Lots of things have changed since we launched in 2018, and in summer 2023 we had a glow up.
We rebranded to Aphra and shifted our business to focus on our bookshop (come visit us in Bristol!) and more opportunities for book lovers to connect (helloooo author events!).
We are stopping our book subscriptions in autumn 2023. Read more about this change here.
But what about the men?
Bestsellers, no fellas is one of our taglines, and we stand by it. Male authors (especially white, cis men) have dominated the publishing industry for too long, and we’re here to disrupt it. We platform woman and NB authors and create spaces for woman and NB readers to connect.
In short, we exist bc equality doesn’t.
Returns and refunds
Do you offer returns?
We don’t, sorry, but we hope you love your bookish order! Please see our refund policy below for some handy pointers about ordering from us.
What is your refund policy?
- We do not offer refunds for delivered items; if you receive an item which is damaged or your order is missing an item by chance, please email us and we will organise a replacement for you.
- We cannot accept returns, regardless of whether the box has been opened/ used/ re-wrapped.
- If a box is not collected or accepted by the customer, and therefore received back at our distribution centre, a refund will be provided minus the delivery costs.
- Due to inaccuracies from previous fulfilment partners, some customers have not received their order(s). Customers missing orders can request compensation here.
- We are stopping our book subscriptions in November 2023. More information on this change can be found here, and subscribers can request compensation for outstanding months here.
What's happening with subscriptions?
We’ve made the difficult decision to stop our book subscriptions. November 2023 will be our last book subscription. You can read about this change here.
What will happen to my subscription?
- If you’re on a rolling subscription you don’t need to do anything. Your November payment was taken at the start of October, and you won’t be charged in future.
- If you’re on a prepaid subscription (i.e. our 3, 6, and 12 month subscriptions) you can request a refund or store credit for your outstanding balance. Store credit can be used in our Bristol bookshop, or in our upcoming online bookshop.
- If you have a gift subscription that hasn’t been redeemed you can request a refund or store credit for the full balance.
What about gift subscriptions?
We are unable to fulfil any gift subscriptions that have not yet been redeeemed. If you have a gift subscription that hasn’t been redeemed you can request a refund or store credit for the full balance.
Where is my order?
We are stopping our subscriptions in November 2023. All November subscriptions will be dispatched in the first full week of November (w/c 6th November). You will receive an email when your November subscription has been dispatched.
Please allow 3-5 working days for UK deliveries, and 2-6 weeks for international deliveries. Please note international customers are responsible for any fees upon delivery.
All other orders, including September and October subscriptions, have now been dispatched. If your order has not arrived and you believe it is missing please complete our compensation form to let us know. We will fulfil all compensation requests within 30 days.
I missed my delivery, what now?
Royal Mail will attempt to re-deliver your parcel. Alternatively, they may provide a note for you to collect your parcel from a local delivery office.
If your order has not arrived and you believe it is missing please complete our compensation form to let us know. We will fulfil all compensation requests within 30 days.